May 31, 2013

New York Wandering




New York, its somewhere I have never wanted to go, never thought would be enjoyable, and merely overwhelming and intense. I feel I was right, but not entirely. There is no way I could live here, but I can completely understand the beauty and allure of the city. Entire worlds are at your fingertips. The vastness and breadth of the city is astounding, both physical as well as cultural. Buildings and lights any way you look, but each one of those different sections is an amazing little tight knit community with a strong identity. Its been amazing to walk through areas coated in Hebrew, then down a street where you hear nothing but Spanish, and get on a subway across from a person wearing a tutu. Everyone, and every type of human is seemingly not only in this city, but also on display. Its been truly eye opening and amazing, but I can't wait to get back to the mountains with stars and silence. 

Take it easy 

No comments: